Thursday, June 3, 2010

Shrinky Dinks - Challenge day 3

This shrinkable plastic is completely new to me.  I can promise you that it did not exist in rural Africa when I was growing up (probably still doesn't), so I am always so excited to find new & interesting ways to "play" with it - especially since learning it didn't only come in the little pre-printed packages.  I saw this post on Tip Junkie recently, which I followed to this cool post all about using shrinky dinks.  I decided that the handprint keychain was just perfect for Father's Day (I too have one of those husbands who has everything, and needs/wants nothing, making him hard to buy for!).

We haven't completed the project yet, but we did colour the handprints:

and cook them (I forgot to take the "after" pictures):


Can't wait to post a picture of the completed keychain, I think it's going to be cute.  The kids & I had a great time doing this today :)

30 days, 30 post challenge going on at Peanuts are Evil

No comments:

Post a Comment