|A little nervous|
|Happy & looking forward to the first day|
1) Fruit/yog/milk smoothies - we make them and freeze them in little gladware containers and I take them out of the freezer the night before so that they are defrosted in time for breakfast. That way I know she's having something good to eat, even when she's too tired or rushed to actually eat. This week it's raspberries, bananas & strawberry yogurt. I even make extra for my husband to pack in his lunches.
2) Cinnamon Tortilla Chips - I take whole wheat tortillas, brush them with some melted butter & sprinkle a little cinnamon & sugar on them and I cut them into "chips". Then I bake them for about 10min at 400F, until they get crispy. (Unfortunately the kids have already eaten the first batch of these, I'll have to make more!)
3) Strawberry Pear Applesauce - I made this before with equal parts strawberries & applesauce (the natural, no sugar added kind) but today I only had a few strawberries on hand, and a couple of pears that were getting over-ripe, so I added those in to the blender together with the applesauce. Blended until smooth. Yummy!
4) Granola Bars - I'm trying a new recipe for these tonight, I can't wait. One of my favourite blogs is http://www.superhealthykids.com/, and I'll be trying out her recipe for granola bars. They look delicious!
5) Granola - I have a recipe that I pulled out of a magazine ages ago for making granola in the crockpot. I made it last week for the first time and it was scrumptious & good for you too :) If anyone's interested I can post the recipe.
6) Pizza Rolls - I have a plan to try to make these with wonton wrappers like this. I got a new Funtainer for the big girl and I'd love to pack these warm for her lunch. I hope they turn out good!
I think that's it for this weekend - we already have pancakes & muffins in the freezer for breakfasts :)
This coming week my little man is starting preschool (no packed lunches for him thank goodness) - he's SO excited!! I am not sure how I feel, so looking forward to getting a moment alone but also sad that my baby is no longer a baby :(
And then to top it off next weekend my big girl turns 6!! We're planning a medieval type princess & knight party, with crowns & swords & jousting .....should be fun!!