Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Day Ever!!

So Tuesday afternoon was this little man's first ever day of preschool!!  It's hard to believe he's already so big :(  He did have a great day though, no tears at all!  He seemed a little quiet in class, but I think that's just because it was such a new experience for him - I bet he'll warm up soon.  At home he's a typical NOISY little boy!!


My favourite part of this whole experience has been going back to this particular preschool.  We had our daughter there too - she went to the toddler programme at 2, and preschool for ages 3 and 4, before heading off to Kindergarten.  So we've been there a while, and then took a year off last year (we decided that the little guy, and I, were not ready yet) - it's like going home being back there now.  Everyone is warm & welcoming, and I couldn't feel happier leaving my "baby" with anyone else.  The funny part is that the big girl had this very same teacher when she was 3, and I was pregnant with this little man.  So the teacher not only remembers her, but also the very smiley baby boy that came to drop off & pick up every day.  And now that baby is a big boy in her class!!

There are only 6 kids in his class, and he's only going twice a week for now - but for the moment it's the perfect introduction to school for him, and me :)

On a side note - I'm now in crazy panic mode preparing for my princess's birthday party on Saturday.  I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun, and stressful of course. We have a birthday party too. But he's turning 12, so beyond cake and pizza, they are kind of on their own!! No more planning for me.

    ReplyDelete