Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday baking.....

Yes, I'm still here and still preparing on a Sunday for the week ahead.  I know I don't update on here near as much as I should, but I want to!!  I really do, I have ideas and things to post - just not the time.  I'm working on it though....

So today I made:
* Granola Bars - peanut butter & cranberry.  These are the easiest bars to make, and yummy too!  I take one cup of honey and one cup of PB and melt them in a pot.  Just until they are runny, not until boiling.  Then I turn off the heat and add in 3 cups of oats.  At this point I also add in any extras - today cranberries were all I had, but it can be anything ~ raisins, m&m's, choc chips, nuts, pretzels etc.  Stir it all up, put it in a casserole dish and put it in the fridge to cool & set.  It's as easy as that!!

* Blender Wheat Pancakes - from one of my very favourite blogs Super Healthy Kids (you may have seen me mention her before), here http://www.superhealthykids.com/blenderwheatpancakes.html

* Hard Boiled Eggs

I didn't get around to the smoothies or muffins because I was missing ingredients.  I'm going to do peach smoothies, and cheese & ham muffins from this recipe here: http://www.theworldwidegourmet.com/recipes/ham-and-cheese-muffins/

Hopefully I'll be able to make a post or two this week about something other than baking, lol :D

No comments:

Post a Comment