Anyway - here's the Letter E, elephant that the little guy and I managed to fit in one day recently.
Here's what we did:
1) I printed out the outline of a letter E (lowercase)
2) The little guy painted it. We talked about how elephants are grey etc, but he still wanted to use all the colours in his watercolour palette - so that's what he did.
3) While the paint dried I cut an elephant ear and trunk out of black construction paper.
4) When the paint was (mostly) dry - I cut out the letter E
5) The little guy glued the letter e onto some construction paper, and then glued on the ear, trunk and googly eye.
I think we ended up with a cute little multicoloured elephant!